Motilium (Domperidone) is used to treat nausea and vomiting caused by other medications used to treat Parkinson’s disease. This medication increases the movements of the stomach and bowel.
We currently have the brand from Turkey manufactured by Janssen-Cilag. The generic comes from Canada (by various manufacturers including Apotex and Teva), India (also called Vomistop), and UK (such as Medreich PLC). It is available in the strength of 10 mg tablets.
• Breast milk flowing from the nipple;
• Dry mouth;
• Hot flashes;
• Menstrual irregularities;
• Itching of skin;
• Pain in the breast;
• Pain or swelling of the eye
You should follow the instructions of the doctor who prescribed Motilium to you. Directions and dosage information can also be found on the pack or leaflet inside the pack. Motilium comes in tablet form. You should swallow Motilium whole with a glass of water. Motilium can be taken with or without food. Motilium should be stored at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat.
Domperidone may be associated with a small increased risk of serious ventricular arrhythmias or sudden cardiac death. A higher risk was observed in patients:
• older than 60 years of age;
• using daily doses greater than 30 mg;
• having predisposing factors for QT prolongation including concomitant use of QT-prolonging drugs or CYP 3A4 inhibitors.
• Domperidone is now contraindicated in patients:
• with prolongation of cardiac conduction intervals, particularly QT;
• with significant electrolyte disturbances;
• with cardiac disease (such as congestive heart failure);
• with moderate or severe liver impairment;
• receiving QT-prolonging drugs and potent CYP3A4 inhibitors.
Domperidone should be used at the lowest effective dose to a maximum recommended daily dose of 30 mg and for the shortest possible duration.
The generic alternative is not manufactured by the company that makes the brand product.
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyking by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website.
canadianpharmacyking relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the medical efficacy, accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a health professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy.
We affiliate with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom.
The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions.
The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.