Motilium (Domperidone) is a prescription medicine that increases the movements or contractions of the stomach and bowel. It is also used to treat nausea and vomiting caused by other drugs used to treat Parkinson's Disease. Motilium contains an active ingredient called Domperidone, a well-known antiemetic, is an example of a prokinetic agent. It is a dopaminergic blocker that works by increasing lower oesophagus sphincter pressure and activates gastric motility. Other medications for gastroparesis treatment include: Gravol
[Treatment using Motilium of gastro-esophageal reflux associated with respiratory manifestations in children]
– Feb 1989, Dupont C, Molkhou P, Petrovic N, Fraitag B, found that "Domperidone provides satisfactory control of nocturnal GOR and therefore emerges as a valuable agent for the treatment of chronic GOR-associated respiratory disorders in childhood.”
We currently have the brand Motilium from New Zealand manufactured by Janssen. The generic comes from Canada (by various manufacturers including Apotex and Teva) and India (also called Vomistop by Cipla). It is available in the strength of 10 mg tablets.
You should follow the instructions of the doctor who prescribed Motilium to you. Directions and dosage information can also be found on the pack or leaflet inside the pack. Motilium comes in tablet form. You should swallow Motilium whole with a glass of water. Motilium can be taken with or without food. Motilium should be stored at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat.
The side effects of motilium include:
• Breast milk flowing from the nipple;
• Dry mouth;
• Hot flashes;
• Menstrual irregularities;
• Itching of skin;
• Pain in the breast;
• Pain or swelling of the eye
Please notify your doctor or pharmacist for advise if you are experiencing any severe adverse effects.
Do not use Domperidone if you have ever had any unusual or allergic reaction to Domperidone. Before you start taking this medication, inform your doctor about
all prescription, OTC and herbal medications you are currently taking.
Domperidone may be associated with a small increased risk of serious ventricular arrhythmias or sudden cardiac death. A higher risk was observed in patients:
• older than 60 years of age;
• using daily doses greater than 30 mg;
• having predisposing factors for QT prolongation including concomitant use of QT-prolonging drugs or CYP 3A4 inhibitors.
• Domperidone is now contraindicated in patients:
• with prolongation of cardiac conduction intervals, particularly QT;
• with significant electrolyte disturbances;
• with cardiac disease (such as congestive heart failure);
• with moderate or severe liver impairment;
• receiving QT-prolonging drugs and potent CYP3A4 inhibitors.
Domperidone should be used at the lowest effective dose to a maximum recommended daily dose of 30 mg and for the shortest possible duration.
• How can I order Motilium online from Canada to the USA?
You can order Motilium online from https://www.canadianpharmacyking.com from Canada to the USA.
• How much does Motilium cost?
The brand Motilium 10mg cost starts at $79.99 and the generic Domperidone cost starts at $43.99. However, the cost of Motilium may vary depend on the countries and quantities.
• What is the process for ordering Motilium from Canada?
Ordering Motilium from Canada is very simple. You can place the order online or call Customer Service. For additional information or for the ordering process, visit How to Order.
• Is Motilium available over the counter?
No, Motilium is not available over the counter. A prescription is required.
• Can I get a prescription for Motilium in the USA and have it filled in Canada?
You can get a prescription for Motilium from your physician in the USA and have it filled in Canada.
• Are there any discounts or coupons available for Motilium?
Unfortunately, there are no discounts or coupons available for Motilium. However, Canadian Pharmacy King is proud to offer exceptional high-quality prescription medications at an affordable price.
• What are the shipping costs and delivery times for buying Motilium from Canada?
We charge a flat rate of $10.00 per order. It may take 4-8 business days for buying Motilium from Canada. If you have any questions about shipping frame, please contact our customer support at 1-877-745-9217 for details.
• Do I need a doctor's prescription to buy Motilium from a Canadian pharmacy?
A prescription from your doctor is required to buy Motilium from a Canadian pharmacy.