Invokana (Canagliflozin) is prescription medication used to treat type 2 diabetes along with a proper diet and exercise program. Canagliflozin is an anti-diabetic agent works by helping the kidneys filter out glucose from the bloodstream. It is not used to treat type 1 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis. Take Invokana exactly prescribed.
We currently have the brand Invokana comes from Canada, India and United Kingdom manufactured by Janssen. Invokana is available in 100 mg and 300 mg tablets. It comes in quantity of 30 and 90 pills per pack.
The most common side effects of Invokana include:
• Dry mouth;
• Frequent urination;
If you suffer any serious side effects as below, please notify your doctor or pharmacist immediately:
• Bladder infections;
• Dehydration symptoms;
• Genital infection in the penis or vagina;
• High blood sugar symptoms such as confusion and drowsiness;
• High potassium symptoms such as irregular heartbeat or muscle weakness;
• Trouble breathing;
• Urination problem or pain;
Do not take Invokana if you are allergic to Canagliflozin or any other ingredients in this medication. Tell your doctor about all the medical conditions you have had before, especially if you have:
• Bladder problems;
• Electrolyte imbalance (high levels of potassium);
• High cholesterol levels;
• Kidney or liver disease;
• Low blood pressure;
• Yeast infections in the penis or vagina;
• If you are on low sodium (salt) diet;
• If you are using insulin or other diabetes medicines;
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking including prescriptions and over-the-counter medicines including herbal supplements, especially: certain HIV drugs, digoxin, diuretic, heart or blood pressure medications, seizure medications, and etc. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.