Proctofoam-HC is indicated for the relief of the inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses of the anal region.
Proctofoam-HC contains a synthetic corticosteroid used as an anti-inflammatory/antipruritic agent and a local anesthetic.
Proctofoam-HC (hydrocortisone acetate 1% and pramoxine hydrochloride 1%) is a topical aerosol foam for anal use containing hydrocortisone acetate 1% and pramoxine hydrochloride 1% in a hydrophilic base.
The following local adverse reactions are reported infrequently with topical corticosteroids, but may occur more frequently with the use of occlusive dressings. These reactions are listed in an approximate decreasing order of occurrence: burning, itching, irritation, dryness, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, acneiform eruptions, hypopigmentation, perioral dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, maceration of the skin, secondary infection, skin atrophy, striae and miliaria.
Apply to affected area 3 to 4 times daily. Use the applicator supplied for anal administration. For perianal use, transfer a small quantity to a tissue and rub in gently.
Directions for Use.
1. Place cap on top of container. Shake foam container vigorously for 5-10 seconds before each use. Do not remove container cap during use of the product.
2. Hold container upright on a level surface and gently place the tip of the applicator onto the nose of the container cap. CONTAINER MUST BE HELD UPRIGHT TO OBTAIN PROPER FLOW OF MEDICATION.
3. Pull plunger past the fill line on the applicator barrel.
4. Hold the container and applicator at eye level. Place the index and middle fingers on the container cap flanges and the thumb beneath the container. Support the applicator with your other hand. Prime the container by pressing down firmly on flanges and then release. With initial priming, a burst of air may come out of the container. It usually requires 1-2 pumps for foam to appear.
5. To fill applicator barrel, press down firmly on cap flanges, hold for 1-2 seconds, and release. Wait 5-10 seconds to allow foam to expand in applicator barrel. Repeat until foam reaches fill line. It usually requires 3-4 pumps for foam to reach fill line. Remove applicator from container cap. Note: If foam goes beyond fill line, it will continue to expand and flow backwards resulting in foam build-up under cap.
6. Hold applicator firmly by barrel, making sure thumb and middle finger are positioned securely underneath and resting against barrel wings. Place index finger over the plunger. Gently insert tip into anus. Once in place, push plunger to expel foam, then withdraw applicator. CAUTION: Do not insert any part of the aerosol container directly into the anus. Apply to anus only with enclosed applicator. Do not insert any part of applicator past the anus into rectum.
7. After each use, applicator parts should be pulled apart for thorough cleaning with warm water. Since some foam will appear under the cap, the cap and underlying tip should be pulled apart and rinsed to help prevent build-up of foam and possible blockage.
Patients using topical corticosteroids should receive the following information and instructions:
1. This medication is to be used as directed by the physician. It is for anal or perianal use only . Avoid contact with eyes.
2. Be advised not to use this medication for any disorder other than for which it has been prescribed.
3. Report any signs of adverse reactions.
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyking by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website.
canadianpharmacyking relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the medical efficacy, accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a health professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy.
We affiliate with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom.
The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions.
The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.