Pristiq (Desvenalfaxine) is used to treat depression. Desvenalfaxine is an antidepressant in a group of drugs called selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs). This medication affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause depression.
The brand name Pristiq is made in Canada manufactured by Wyeth. The generic comes from India. This medication is available in the strength of 50mg and 100mg tablets.
Side effects include:
• Bruising and unusual bleeding;
• Dizziness, faintness, or light-headedness;
• Fast or pounding heartbeat;
• Symptoms of increased pressure in the eyes;
• Trembling or shaking of the hands or feet;
• Trouble thinking, speaking, or walking;
You should not use Pristiq if you are allergic to Desvenlafaxine or Venlafaxine (Effexor), or if you are being treated with methylene blue injection.