Pamelor (Nortriptyline Hydrochloride) is a prescription medication used to treat mental or mood problems such as depression. Pamelor belongs to a class of drugs known as tricyclic antidepressants. It works by affecting the balance of certain natural substances in the brain. Using this medication may help improve mood and feelings of well-being, relieve anxiety and tension, and improve your energy levels.
We currently offer the brand Pamelor capsules from Canada also called Aventyl manufactured by AA Pharma. The generic version is not available.
Seek emergency medical help if you have any signs of an allergic reaction to this medication. The common side effects of Pamelor may include blurred vision, drowsiness, dizziness, dry mouth, constipation, weight gain, and trouble urinating.
Contact your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur:
• A light-headed feeling, like you might pass out;
• Blurred or tunnel vision, eye pain or swelling;
• Fever, sore throat, easy bruising or unusual bleeding;
• New or worsening chest pain, pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
• Painful or difficult urination;
• Problems with vision, speech, or balance;
• Restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck;
• Sudden numbness or weakness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please call your doctor if you
have any further concerns or questions.
You should not take Pamelor if you are allergic to Nortriptyline Hydrochloride or to other similar medications, or to certain seizure medications or if you recently had a heart attack. Do not use Pamelor if you have used an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days.
Prior to taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have used an SSRI antidepressant in the past five weeks or if you also take stimulant medications. You should also inform your doctor if you are receiving electroshock treatment or if you have ever had:
• A family history of unexplained death under 45 years old;
• A genetic heart condition called Brugada syndrome;
• A seizure, heart attack or stroke;
• A thyroid disorder;
• Bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, heart disease;
• Narrow-angle glaucoma;
• Unexplained fainting spells;
• Urination problems
Avoid alcohol; drinking alcohol with this medication can cause side effects. Pamelor may cause blurred vision, or make you dizzy or may impair your reactions. Avoid driving or hazardous activity until you know how this medication will affect you. Tell your doctor about all the medications you take including prescription, nonprescription, herbal products, and vitamins. There may be a drug interaction between Pamelor and other medications. Avoid sunlight or tanning beds, wear protective clothing and use sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher when you are outdoors. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Pamelor is not approved for use by anyone younger than 18 years old.
Check out our latest Blog Post
Discover a World of Health Benefits in Your Home Aquarium