Optifer Alpha is a NEW heme iron supplement used to prevent iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia. Iron is a mineral essential to keep your body healthy by producing red blood cells. Heme iron is a natural iron supplement which is derived from bovine hemoglobin. It is the preferred iron source which is easily absorbed through the heme-receptor located in the intestine. Follow the instructions on the label. Optifer Alpha is sold as an over-the-counter product and no prescription is required.
Canadian Pharmacy King stocks brand Optifer Alpha comes from Canada and it is manufactured by Volo Healthcare. Each tablet contains 11 mg elemental iron. There is no generic equivalent of Optifer Alpha.
Optifer Alpha is a natural heme iron supplement which has virtually no side effects like constipation, diarrhea, nausea, and upset stomach. If any serious effects occur, please notify your doctor promptly.
Do not take Optifer Alpha if:
• You have any other allergies or if you are allergic to any ingredients in this medication
• You have hemochromatosis (iron overload disorder), hemosiderosis, and hemolytic anemia
Before taking Optifer Alpha, please tell your doctor all your medical history, including:
• If you have intestinal or stomach problems
• If you have other types of anemia
• If you have repeated blood transfusions
Tell your doctor all the prescriptions and otc medications including supplements you are taking. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.