Cleocin (Clindamycin) is prescription medication used to treat a various types of infections including skin and vaginal infections. Clindamycin is a lincomycin antibiotic that works by stopping the growth of bacteria. It also can be used to treat protozoal diseases such as malaria. Cleocin should NOT be used for the treatment of meningitis. Take Cleocin exactly prescribed.
We currently have the brand Cleocin comes from Canada manufactured by Pfizer and Stiefe and also comes from United Kingdom. Generic Clindamycin comes from Canada and India. Cleocin comes in many forms and dosages as below:
• Cleocin Topical Solution by Stiefel: also known as Dalacin T Topical Solution 1%/60 ml;
• Cleocin Virginal Cream by Pfizer: also known Dalacin as 2%;
• Cleocin Gel: also known as Zindaclin 1% Gel 1% 30 gm;
• Cleocin capsules by Pfizer: also known as Dalacin C 300 mg;
• Clindamycin Topical Solution: also known as Clinvet Oral Solution 1%/60 ml;
• Clindamycin Capsules: 150 mg and 300 mg
Cleocin Side Effects
The most common side effects of Cleocin include:
• Abdominal pain;
• Unpleasant taste in your mouth;
If you suffer any serious side effects as below, please notify your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
• Blurred vision;
• Chest pain;
• Painful or difficult urine;
• Shortness of breath;
• Severe diarrhea;
• Severe skin rashes;
• Stomach cramping and pain;
• Yellow eyes or skin;
• Weight loss;
Do not take Cleocin if you are allergic to Clindamycin or lincomycin or any ingredient in this medication. Tell your doctor about all the medical conditions you have had before.
• Liver problem;
• Stomach or bowl problems e.g. colitis;
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking including prescriptions and over-the-counter medicines including herbal supplements, especially: Erythromycin, muscle relaxants, or succinylcholine, etc. This may cause a serious or fatal drug interaction. Consult your doctor if you are getting pregnant or breastfeeding.