A Silent Killer in Your Bellyby CANPharmacyKing - December 14th, 2015
Even normal-weight or skinny people who carry their fat at their waistlines may be at higher risk of death over the years than overweight or obese people whose fat is more concentrated on the hips and thighs.
Risk increases for men if their waist circumference is larger than 40 inches, and 35 inches for women.
It was determined in the recent study, that 11 percent of men and 3 percent of women were normal weight but had an elevated waist-to-hip ratio. Surprisingly, they were at greater risk — for men, roughly twice the risk — than more pear-shaped overweight or obese people.
Belly fat can put at risk even teens, young adults, seniors, and pregnant women.
Effect on body
Fat that builds around the abdominal organs is particularly linked to diabetes, heart disease, blood pressure, cholesterol, different forms of cancers, etc
Blood tests typically show higher blood sugar and triglyceride levels.
The surprising findings add to the debate over the “obesity paradox," where people who are obese, in some cases, survive longer with health issues compared to people of lower weights.
Myths and Facts
Myth: The only answer to a flat stomach is calorie-controlled dieting
Fact: For a properly toned body, you would need to include abdominal exercises in your daily routine as well.
Myth: One of the best ways of losing belly fat is eating less
Fact: Studies have shown that people who eat six small meals a day have smaller waists than people who eat two or three large meals a day
Myth: Drinking beef would make men belly fat
Fact: In general, alcohol intake is associated with bigger waists. Especially if too many calories from beer, alcohol, sugary beverages, or oversized portions of food can increase belly fat
Myth: Drinking Green Tea helps in reducing belly fat
Fact: Green tea does give excellent results but again it cannot do miracles on its own unless you have brought in other dietary changes.
Myth: 1000 crunches will make belly fat go away.
Fact: Crunches Won't Do the Trick for fat erasing, you need regular aerobic exercise, such as walking.
Things to know
• Apple cider vinegar helps belly fat vanish
• Moderate eating on red meat and ham
• Mediterranean diet can help fight belly fat
• Sitting Promotes Belly Fat
• Chase away belly fat by pushing the "off" button on your TV remote. People who cut their TV time in half consume 100 fewer calories a day without even trying. That's a pound every 35 days without even trying!
• Keep calm and burn fat. Stress makes the hormone cortisol climb, which makes you crave high-calorie snacks that get stored in your belly as fat.
• Flat-Belly Success is Measured in Inches, Not Pounds
• Stress may cause excess belly fat in lean women
• Gut bacteria is the hidden key that affects the belly fat
Use this code to share the infographic on your blog or website.